Participate in the research project in the area of Nanotechnology and Cancer immunotherapy entitled: “NANO-IMMUNOTHERAPY: INTRACELLULAR TARGETING OF CANCER CELLS AND TAMs- 2-INTRATARGET”, financed by MINECO- PCIN-2017-129/ AEI, under the frame of EuroNanoMed III.
Prof. Alonso’s Lab, based in the CIMUS Research Institute of the USC, is specialized in “Nanotechnologies applied to the design of drug delivery systems”. Information about the group activities can be found at this site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To design, plan and carry out the experiments necessary for the project.
- To write up reports, research papers and present research findings at national and international meetings.
- To work in a collaborative environment.
- To support colleagues, and particularly less experienced researchers.
- To keep up to date with current developments in subject field.
- To be responsible for day-to-day purchase of materials, and other routine activities necessary to run the project.
- PhD in an appropriate discipline (chemistry, pharmacy, biology, chemical/biomedical engineering…).
- Experience in micro/nanoencapsulation, design of drug delivery system, with emphasis in polymer-based delivery systems.
- A good publication record for career stage.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Upper intermediate level of English or higher.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to deliver to specific deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to keep accurate and detail records of experiments.
The post holder will be required to adhere to the specific policy of the project concerning the management and exploitation of intellectual property.
Funding and Duration
The post is funded for one year with the possibility to be extended.
Applications, in the form of curriculum vitae accompanied by a cover letter describing the qualification of the candidate for the position, should be mailed to:
Mrs. Purificación Domínguez
Centro de Investigación en Medicina Molecular y Enfermedades Crónicas (CIMUS)
Avda. Barcelona s/n, University of Santiago de Compostela (USC)
15706 SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA