*UPDATE: APPLICATION CLOSED*
The Department of Biotechnology and Nanomedicine, Research Group Mass Spectrometry, at SINTEF Industry is looking for 1–2 highly skilled and motivated Research Scientists, with expertise and genuine interest in developing nanomedicine research with an emphasis on physicochemical characterisation, ideally with R&D experience in this field.
The Department of Biotechnology and Nanomedicine consists of the three Research groups Mass Spectrometry, Biotechnology, and Polymer Particles and Surface Chemistry and hosts national leading infrastructures for analytical chemistry, high throughput screening and bioprocess technology, along with state-of-the-art molecular biology and chemical synthesis labs. With currently more than 60 staff, we perform each year more than 100 projects for industry and public funders in the frame of national and European research programmes.
Research in our Department is carried out at our excellent and modern facilities at SINTEF Industry in Trondheim, Norway, closely integrated with other SINTEF groups and the Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU with which we closely collaborate in numerous research projects at the national and international level.
To better exploit and expand our existing competences, infrastructure, and capacities in the broad spectrum of nanomedicine and analytical chemistry, we want to expand our team with 1–2 researchers who will bring additional, complementary competence and skills.
These researchers are expected to work closely together with other researchers in our team but should also be capable of independently developing and implementing her/his own ideas and strategy on how to contribute to SINTEF’s ambitious goals of developing Technology for a better society and further ensuring SINTEF as a leading R&D partner for nanomedicine in Europe.
The main part of the work will be concerned with characterisation of nanomedicines, yet the candidate will be encouraged and expected to generate and lead additional research activity, ensuring sustainability and growth of our group; this could imply all research fields where the unique analytical infrastructure and collective competence of the Department can be used to enable science that will benefit society.
The eligible candidate should:
- Have a PhD in a suitable field, which could include e.g. one or several of the following: nanomedicine/nanotechnology, pharmacology/pharmacy, toxicology, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, medical physics/biophysics or biomedical engineering.
- Preferably have a broad overview across relevant disciplines and topics like nanotechnology for therapy and diagnostics, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, cell biology, bioimaging, microfluidics
- Preferably have documented expertise with characterisation of nanomedicines
- Ideally, have basic understanding of characterisation/assessment of
nano(medical) devices and how this differs from medicinal products
- Have good written and oral communication skills in English
- Have skills and experience in efficiently publishing research results
- Have skills to acquire new R&D projects and industrial customers
Personally, the candidate should be:
- Highly committed to applied science, strive for excellence
- Able to work in a team and lead scientific and technical staff in a clear, inclusive and inspiring way
- Able to develop own smart ideas and think independently, be creative
- Able to build and maintain personal networks with other excellent scientists, nationally and internationally
- Motivated by and able to focus on solving tough scientific challenges
Skills, knowledge and interest in one or several of the following areas is highly desirable:
- Advanced/complex medicinal products
- Pharmacology/medicinal chemistry
- Cell biology
- Immunology, haematology
- Advanced analytical chemistry, incl. mass spectrometry
- Organic chemistry
- Automation, robotic sample preparation, scripting/programming
- Chemometrics and advanced data analysis
- Regulatory science and regulatory processes within medicine and/or nanomedicine
- GMP production and scale-up of medicines / nanomedicines
- High-end laboratory infrastructure and friendly colleagues
- Extensive collaboration with international research partners
- Opportunity to work in a flexible research environment and to bring in own ideas
- Competitive salary according to SINTEF’s salary system and a framework for professional and personal development within SINTEF
For additional information, please contact SINTEF.
SINTEF is an attractive workplace offering unique development opportunities for people with knowledge and enthusiasm. To fulfil our commitment to society we need capable employees from all parts of the world with a high level of professional skills and the ability to make a difference.
SINTEF is an independent, not-for-profit organisation. None of its owners receive any form of dividend. Profits are invested in scientific equipment, skills and expertise.