CIDETEC wishes to recruit a researcher to join the staff of its Biomaterials Unit in its Generation Therapy research line. The candidate will be involved in developing new non-viral vectors and also technology transfer, production scaling and defining the production requirements as per good manufacturing practice (GMP) for the technologies developed at the unit.
Working on the border between materials science and biology, using the unit’s knowledge and experience, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing new equipment and protocols for producing non-viral vectors and nanomedicines.
- Establishing production processes for new pharmaceutical products.
- Defining the manufactured product specifications.
- Transferring the technologies developed to partners and/or clients.
- Project management, report writing and results communication.
The researcher will also have the opportunity to:
- Participate in training and/or business transfer projects.
- Generate new ideas/concepts.
Generate new business opportunities.
Education: Degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering or similar.
Languages: English: Spoken and written fluency
Knowledge: Knowledge of the following will be considered an advantage:
- Drug manufacturing processes.
- Production as per good manufacturing practice (GMP).
- Production of non-viral vectors based on lipid-continuous systems.
- Purification systems (e.g. tangential flow filtration).
- Transfer and scaling of manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of dimensionless analysis for scaling.
- Drafting and review of SOPs.
- Research project management.
We are seeking a highly driven, independent and proactive team player, interested in research and gaining new knowledge.