Dear ETPN members, dear members of the European Nanomedicine community, we are glad to share with you today the above described offer for PhD grant in biomedicine, in one of the most active ETPN member institutions: NanoBioFar group (MJ Alonso’s Lab) is looking for a candidate interested in a PhD position, at the Center for Research in Molecular Medicine and Chronic Diseases (CiMUS) of the University of Santiago de Compostela (USC), Spain.
We are an international group working in the field of pharmaceutical technology (https://www.usc.gal/grupos/mjalonsolab/) and we have more than 30 years of experience in biomedicine, nanotechnology, development of novel biomaterials for drug delivery and regenerative medicine. We are part of CIMUS, a singular center for advanced biomedical research belonging to the University of Santiago de Compostela.
Where we are
- CIMUS Research Institute Av. Barcelona s/n
- Campus Vida – University of Santiago de Compostela (USC)
- 15706 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- You will join a research project that has funding from September 2022. The project aims at the development of a novel biomaterial for the treatment of an ocular disease associated with age.
- You will apply advanced technologies for in vitro pharmaceutical development, cell culture, and participate to in vivo assays, within a framework of national and international collaborations.
- You will join the Doctoral Program “Investigación y desarrollo de medicamentos”, an USC program that complies with the highest quality standards.
- You will be part of a group that has knowledge, technologies and resources for the development of the project, and with extensive experience in supervising students. You will be supervised by Dr. Anna Abbadessa, Junior Leader of the project with 11 years of experience in biomedical research, and Prof. María José Alonso, Leader of the research group and an internationally recognized Professor for her impactful biomedical research. You will have a high-quality guide both in your experimental training (laboratory activity) and in scientific communication activities (publications in scientific journals, participation to congresses, etc.).
- To financially support your first year of activities, we will support you in the application for a CiMUS Research Initiation Contract (link to last year’s call)
- We will support you in the application for predoctoral fellowships in competitive national and/or regional calls, which will cover your salary
The profile we are looking for
- • Master Degree (or equivalent title) in Pharmacy, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, or other studies in the area of Biomedicine.
- • High academic track record to compete for predoctoral fellowships in national and/or regional calls.
- • To have or to be in the stage of completing an official degree (Master Degree or equivalent) that gives access to a doctoral program.
- • Interest in biomedical research.
- • Availability to join from September.
- • Interest in a period of international stay of at least 3 months will be positively evaluated.
- • Previous experience in laboratory activities and/or writing scientific documents will be positively evaluated.
- • Good level of English.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please send the following documents to Dr. Anna Abbadessa (email@example.com) with the subject “PhD position offer – ocular delivery”
- CV (pdf) highlighting your merits
- Copy of your academic track record
- Are you interested in joining a doctoral program in the area of Biomedicine?
- Do you want to do it in one of the groups with the greatest international scientific impact?
- Do you have a high interest in biomedical research?
If this is the case, keep reading and contact us!