Dear ETPN members, dear colleagues from the European Nanomedicine community, we are glad to share with you today a postdoc position offer by the JRC in Ispra, Italy, in the domain eod
Future Response Strategies Against Coronaviruses
The project aims at developing techniques and methods for the functional characterization of the coronavirus structural proteins (in particular spike protein), which are the key determinants of viral entry into host cells.
The goal is to develop simpler methods for the functional assessment of key viral proteins so to help the research community to faster develop therapies against new coronavirus variants and especially against future unforeseen pathogens.
Additional details about the JRC Nanobiotechnology laboratory (Ispra, VA, Italy) and the PI (Luigi Calzolai):
We are looking for a highly motivated researcher holding a PhD degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related fields with the drive to pursue a challenging, multi-disciplinary project.
- PhD degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related fields;
- Strong experimental experience in biochemical and biophysical techniques for the characterization of recombinant proteins;
- Broad knowledge of ELISA, CD, protein analysis, fluorescence, MS, AUC and experience with cell cultures;
- Excellent English oral, written and presentation skills;
- Good record of publications
- Ability to think critically and creatively. Capacity to work independently in the nanobiotechnology laboratory of JRC and to interact with international collaborators
How to apply (before October 19th)
Read the complete job description https://recruitment.jrc.ec.europa.eu/
Code: 2020-IPR-A5-FGIV-015351 – ISPRA
FG IV – PROJECT OFFICER – SCIENTIFIC/TECHNICAL SUPPORT OFFICER – EXPLORATORY RESEARCH PROJECT – FUTURE RESPONSE STRATEGIES AGAINST CORONAVIRUSES (FUTURE)