Dear ETPN members, dear colleagues from the European community of Nanomedicine, please find a job description of an open position of RNA Therapeutics Research Scientist/Project Manager at OSE Immunotherapeutics, an SME based in Nantes, France.
- Challenge: use your experience in RNA biology to design, improve, and characterize novel mRNA Therapeutics
- Experience in mRNA biology/biochemistry, RNA-protein interactions, RNA processing
- PhD in relevant area OR >3 yrs experience in mRNA Therapeutics development in biotech/pharma
- Useful, but not required:
- Knowledge of RNA-encoded Antibodies or RNA therapeutics more broadly, RNA delivery, RNA design and Immunogenicity
- Who: team player with solid leadership/management skills used to matrix type of organization
- Location: Nantes, France
- Start-date: ASAP or Sept. 2022
- Contract: Full-Time/Permanent
The Company and context of the recruitment:
OSE Immunotherapeutics is a French clinical-stage biotechnology company (6 clinical assets, 70+ employees) listed on the European public market, focused on developing innovative immunotherapies for activation and/or regulation of the immune system in its areas of expertise: T-cell epitopes vaccination and Monoclonal Antibodies (mAbs) in Immuno-Oncology (T-cell & Myeloid cell targets), Auto-Immune diseases & Chronic Inflammation. The new position is within the Research team, composed of 25+ researchers & engineers, under the direct supervision of the Chief Scientific Officer. The company sees the huge potential of RNA technology to rapidly develop innovative therapeutic drugs targeting the immune system and to change how we treat diseases with high unmet needs. This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join us as we enter a promising phase of growth and R&D expansion. You’ll join a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary and dynamic team environment: a passionate group of molecular and antibody engineers, chemists, biologists, (a lot of!) immunologists and drug developers looking to make a difference (and having fun doing it!). You’ll be exposed to advanced technical and scientific skills that are in high demand in the rapidly growing field of Immunotherapies.
Our Nantes-based research team (France) is seeking a Senior/Principal Scientist with a strong RNA biochemistry and construct Design background to join our efforts in discovering novel RNA-encoded therapeutics and in developing the associated technological platform. Ideal candidates will lead programs to design and develop novel RNA therapeutics and advance therapeutic candidate discovery programs for disease areas such as immuno-oncology or chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. Successful candidates should be extremely self-motivated, highly creative, have significant experience and mechanistic understanding of aspects of the RNA life cycle (e.g. mRNA processing, RNA degradation, mRNA translation, immunogenicity, …), and have a strong drive to lead research programs in a start-up environment.
Who you are:
If you are passionate about RNA Therapeutics, an infinite learner, excited by early-stage drug discovery and innovative technologies, comfortable working collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team and enjoying problem solving, please apply!
More specifically, you should be someone who:
- Has a PhD in RNA Biochemistry, Biophysics, Nanotechnology, Molecular biology, mRNA delivery or in an equivalent scientific discipline (or >3 yrs experience in a mRNA biotech/pharma)
- Has experience working with RNA therapeutics, RNA-encoded Antibodies, RNA-Protein interactions, RNA processing or mRNA delivery.
Our team is what makes OSE. We look for people with:
- Friendly and energetic personalities
- A passion for science and learning
- Team player attitude
- The ability to work under pressure and to efficiently prioritize workload
- Professional English (written and spoken)
- Nantes (France)
How to apply?
Application to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org