Raymond Schiffelers , Professor of Nanomedicine at UMC Utrecht, has been elected as new chairman of the ETP Nanomedicine Executive Board during the General Assembly 2021. He will lead the platform with his great “Team RS” in full continuity with the leadership of Ruth Schmid, former chair for the 2019-2021 period. He will be assisted by two vice-chairpeople: Kathleen Spring (Managing Director at Bioanalytik Münster) and Steven Conlan (Chair of the Board of Trustees (BSNM) and Head of Enterprise and Innovation at University of Swansea / British society of Nanomedicine), and indeed the rest of team with a mix of reelected people and newcomers. Meet the new ETPN ExBo!
ETPN Executive Board elected for 2021-2023
- ETPN Chairperson: Raymond Schiffelers (UMC Utrecht)
- ETPN Vice Chairperson #1: Kathleen Spring (Bioanalytik Münster)
- ETPN Vice Chairperson #2: Steven Conlan (University of Swansea / British Society for Nanomedicine)
- ETPN Treasurer: Alexandre Superville (former ETPN Association)
- ETPN Secretary: Giovanni Tosi (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia)
ETPN Working groups leaders
- W.G. Nanotherapeutics and targeted delivery: Andreas Åslund (SINTEF AS)
- W.G. Medical Devices: Lorena Diéguez (RUBYNanomed / INL)
- W.G. Clinical interface: Marzia Bedoni (Fondazione Don Carlo Gnocchi)
- W.G. Regenrative Medicine: Meriem Lamghari (i3S/INEB – University of Porto)
- W.G. Safety & Characterization Fanny Caputo (CEA Leti / EUNCL)
- WG education & Training: Jack Barokas (Tel Aviv University)
Raymond Schiffelers, elected chairman of the ETPN says:
Dear ETPN members, thank you very much for your confidence in the candidates for the Executive Board. We are very much looking forward to the years ahead, where we shape our role in Horizon Europe for the nanomedicine community. I would also like to thank the outgoing Board Members, especially Ruth Schmid, that have laid the foundations for the new role of the ETPN. I am very much looking forward to meeting you, virtually at the next ENM, but hopefully soon after that in person.
All working group leaders will complete the new team by nominating their vice-chairpersons after the summer break, and open all together a brand new era for the ETPN, with the recent launch of Horizon Europe and the development of the HealthTech4EU Alliance.All working group leaders will complete the new team by nominating their vice-chairpersons after the summer break, and open all together another rich period of action of the ETPN, in the context of the recent launch of Horizon Europe and the development of the HealthTech4EU Alliance
We are extremely proud of this new Board and wish all the luck and success for the ETPN !