|Start:||Jan 26, 2022 - 10:30 pm|
|End:||Jan 26, 2022 - 1:00 pm|
The EU Public – Private Partnership on Innovative Health Initiative (IHI) aims to build on the successes of the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) and will hold a launch event in a virtual setting on Wednesday, January 26th, from 10:30am to 1:00pm.
The event will be broken up into two sessions:
- In the first session, IHI Executive Director Dr Pierre Meulien will present IHI and explain why we are launching a new European partnership for health. He will also describe what’s new compared to the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI), and what will stay the same. IHI staff will then present opportunities for stakeholders to get involved in IHI, for example by applying to become a member of the IHI Science and Innovation Panel (SIP), or by becoming an expert evaluator. They will also offer a preview of the draft topics under consideration for inclusion in the first IHI call for proposals.
- The second session will feature a high-level discussion during which representatives of the IHI partners, namely the European Commission, COCIR, EFPIA, Vaccines Europe, EuropaBio and MedTech Europe, will present their vision for IHI.
Both sessions will include time for questions from participants
IHI warmly encourages small and medium-sized enterprises, patient organisations, regulatory authorities, academic teams, industry, hospitals and other organisations with an interest in IHI projects to take part in the launch event. Please feel free to share this e-mail with your contacts.
Registration will open shortly and the preliminary agenda is available via the IHI website at https://www.ihi.europa.eu/news-events/events/introducing-innovative-health-initiative-europes-new-partnership-health
Hope to see you there!
Agenda of the event
- 10:30 – 10:35 Welcome and introduction by Jennifer Baker, Moderator
- 10:35 – 10:50 What’s changing, what’s staying the same, and why by Pierre Meulien, Executive Director, IHI
- 10:50 – 11:30 Opportunities to get involved with IHI by Hugh Laverty, Head of Scientific Operations, IHI
- 11:30 – 11:50 Question time
- 11:50 – 12:00 Break
Meet the IHI partners
- 12:00 – 12:35 Partners outline their vision for IHI by Jean-Eric Paquet, Director-General, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Bernt Bieber, COCIR President & SVP Direct Sales Siemens Healthineers
- Serge Bernasconi, Chief Executive Officer, MedTech Europe
- Dr Claire Skentelbery, Director General, EuropaBio
- Sibilia Quilici, Executive Director, Vaccines Europe
- Nathalie Moll, Director General, European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
- Maria da Graça Carvalho, MEP, European Parliament
12:35 – 12:55 Question time
12:55 – 13:00 Closing Remarks by Maria da Graça Carvalho, MEP, European Parliament
The Innovative Health Initiative (IHI) is a public-private partnership (PPP) between the European Union and the European life science industries. Our core goals are to translate health research and innovation into tangible benefits for patients and society, and ensure that Europe remains at the cutting edge of interdisciplinary, sustainable, patient-centric health research.
Learn more about IHI by clicking here.