The Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences is seeking a dynamic, innovative and qualified scholar for a full-time faculty position at all ranks to commence in the 2023-2024 academic year. Faculty members in the Molecular Biology, Genetics and Bioengineering program have active research programs in a diverse range of research fields such as animal behavior, plant physiology and biotechnology, cellular and molecular biology, cancer molecular biology, computational biology, structural and systems biology, bioengineering, and tissue engineering. The program offers a dynamic and internationally competitive research environment with state-of-the-art research infrastructures (see https://bio.sabanciuniv.edu/ and https://sunum.sabanciuniv.edu/).
The candidate’s research focus and course offerings are expected to complement those of current faculty at the Molecular Biology, Genetics, and Bioengineering Program. Strong candidates with proven experience and specialization in one or more of the following fields of biology are particularly encouraged to apply: molecular biology, neurobiology, immunology, cancer/stem cell research, plant molecular biology and genetics, developmental biology, structural biology, computational biology, systems biology, biophysics, and bioengineering.
The candidate is expected to teach at undergraduate and graduate levels (expected load is 3 courses/year) and supervise student projects and graduate theses. Other responsibilities include curriculum assessment and development, developing innovative practices in teaching.
The candidate is expected to develop a strong research agenda and supervise graduate students. It is also expected that the candidate will apply for grants to national and international agencies to support this research agenda. Successful candidates are expected to develop an extramurally funded and internationally competitive research program.
The candidate is expected to actively work in the committees to help improve the academic and administrative processes of the faculty and the university.
- Possess an earned doctorate from an accredited institution in one or more of the above-mentioned fields
- Have a minimum of three years of postdoctoral experience
- Have a track record of excellence in research and teaching
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit:
- list of publications
- a research statement with future research plans
- a teaching statement (teaching philosophy, experience and preferred disciplines to teach)
- three reference letters (preferentially from previous advisers) and contact information of three referees using the online application form at ACCESSIBLE BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK.
The evaluation of applications will start on December 1, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
About Sabancı University
- Established by Sabancı Foundation in 1994, Sabancı University provides a world class education to its students from undergraduate to doctorate levels. It is distinguished by its educational system which was unique in Turkey when Sabancı University started its educational activities in 1999. It offers freedom to all its students to choose their academic program within the first two years after they are enrolled in the university. Sabancı University has been the most entrepreneurial and innovative foundation university in the University Entrepreneurship and Innovation Index produced by the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology of Turkey since 2012. It also ranks one of the top among the universities from Turkey in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. As a young university with twenty years of history, Sabancı University aspires to become an international reference point for innovation in education and research.
- Sabancı University is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment in education and employment. The University respects all individuals without any discrimination of gender, religion, national and ethnic origin, race, color, physical disability, physical appearance, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, age, or political affiliation in the administration of its educational, admission and employment policies, and its scholarship and university-sponsored programs.